The Mid-South Federation (MSF) consists of members of the Theosophical Society in America who live in the states of Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
The purpose of the Mid-South Federation is to cultivate and enhance the theosophical life of members scattered throughout our eight-state area through an annual meeting held each spring, usually in the beautiful rustic surroundings of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We gratefully acknowledge the continued support of the Tanner Fund and those who donate to our scholarship fund to make it all possible. Please look around our website or contact one of the MSF officers for further information about our activities.
Mid-South Federation Board of Directors 2014-2017
To all members of the Mid-South Federation of the Theosophical Society in America:
The tenure of our current officers on the board of the Mid-South Federation will be expiring soon, and an election will be held at our April 28-30, 2017 meeting to elect new officers.
I ask each of you to seriously consider submitting your name for consideration and suggesting others whom you think might be willing to serve. I know that you want the Federation to continue with our excellent programming and with our annual meetings. In order to do so, we need members willing to serve and to help plan these events.
I would like to develop a pool of names of people willing to serve as officers, board members, and helpers. If you have special skills that may be useful, please don’t be shy- let us know how you can help!
The more resources and help we have, the more we can accomplish.
Some general information about the duties of the board may be helpful to you:
- Our board “meetings” have been, so far, through email and phone calls. This works admirably and allows for board members to live in any state of the federation and still communicate with each other regularly.
- The primary responsibilities are to plan and implement the annual meeting by finding speakers, securing a meeting place, developing the schedule, and communicating and working with the staff at (usually) Kanuga; also managing the federation’s funds, and communicating with the National headquarters.
- Terms of office are for three years.
- Officers and board members must be current members of the TS and have been members for at least three years, and live in one of the states in the Mid-South Federation: Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
We will be electing:
one board member
As past president, I will continue to serve on the board as an advisor.
We will submit the names to the nominating committee, and they will come up with a slate of names for the election. Ideally we will have so many people willing to help that we can elect officers and still have a list of willing volunteers!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Peace and love to each of you,
President, Mid-South Federation
The MSF collects no dues. To become a member of the Theosophical Society in America, please visit www.theosophical.org/membership. Membership is $60 per year (reduced for families, students and seniors) and includes the following benefits:
- Participation in an international organization with members in some 70 countries of the world and local groups in over 90 locations in the United States.
- Subscription to Quest, a quarterly magazine of philosophy, science, religion, and the arts; and the Messenger, a newsletter.
- Use of the Henry S. Olcott Memorial Library, which lends books, DVD’s and audio CD’s, in person or online, and by mail.
- A series of introductory letters covering basic Theosophical concepts. Discounts on lectures, workshops, retreats, seminars and other programs at the National Center.
- Participation in The National Lodge.